Russia Debt Collection – No Win No Fee
Creditreform operates a global specialist International debt collections service. We have local offices and fully approved expert international debt collection agency partners in every country worldwide. All our International debt collection agency partners and offices operate on a No Win No Fee basis charging an agreed commission against monies recovered only.
Main reasons why a local country debt recovery agency is so important rather than trying to recover from a debt collection agency UK are as follows:
The local International Debt collection Partners know:
- The local cultures
- The languages
- The laws
- Are in the same time zones
Herewith details of our debt collection service Russia
Location of debt recovery office in Russia?
Number of debt collection staff
We have 14 employees in Moscow office with 175 employees in total in all offices.
How long been operating a debt recovery service in Russia
What type of debt collection services do you provide? Do you do commercial debt recovery (B2B) and consumer debt recovery (B2C)?
We do both types of collections. However, around 95% of our files relate B2B cases.
Statute of limitation in Russia
The general limitation period is 3 years staring from the moment when a Creditor became aware of or should have become aware about the violation of his right.
How EU (European Union) laws effect debt collection in Russia?
It depends on a particular case. For example, the parties to the contract could chose governing law and agree how and where the disputes will be resolved. These factors have a substantial influence on debt collection process in Russia.
How many company registries in Russia for businesses? (i.e. UK just has 1 central registry)
There is only one register which include all the registered companies and private entrepreneurs. However, there are a lot of other registers which provides various types of information.
General comments regarding process in Russia for debt collection and how differs from UK / other European countries:
What is the debt collection process in Russia?
As a rule we the collection process includes following steps:
- conducting a conflict check;
- analysing available documents and information;
- checking the contact information / finding additional contacts;
- contacting a debtor with a proposal to resolve a dispute at a pre-trial stage. Please note that we send warning letters, e-mails, make calls as well as onsite visits in the CIS countries;
- discussing and signing repayment schedules, if necessary;
- controlling all stages of repayment process.
Average length of time to collect a debt?
In depends on each particular files. Some debts could be collected within a few weeks, other within months or even years. The following factors have a key influence of length of time to collect: availability of documents confirming the debt, amount of debt, nature of the debtor, financial conditions of the debtor and factual ability to repay the debt etc.
Can late payment fees / interest be added to claims?
Yes, if such late payments fees / interest were stipulated by the agreement between the parties or by law, governing the relations. Russian law stipulates an interest to be paid for late payments.
Details on legal service / legal process in Russia
Dispute resolution is one of our key practices. Our lawyers are known for their successful experience in resolving complex disputes in arbitration courts and courts of general jurisdiction.
Among other things, we provide the following services to our clients:
- Determination of strategy and tactics of client interest’s protection in a court.
- Development of the client’s legal position in litigation proceedings, including the analysis of practical application of law by a specific court and higher courts.
- Evaluation of the case prospects considering the possible legal positions of the parties.
- Performing a wide range of legal actions according to the client’s interests, including the search and preparation of evidence, drafting procedural documents (lawsuits, statement of defense, appeals, amicable agreements, statements on the adoption of interim measures / preliminary interim measures) and their submission to the courts.
- Representation of a client in the courts in all instances.
- Legal support of enforcement proceedings.
- Recognition and enforcement of decisions of foreign courts in Russia, as well as decisions of Russian courts abroad.
Russia Business Credit Reports
Creditreform provides over 88 million international business credit reports throughout Europe and 200 million international business credit reports worldwide. Total businesses registered in Russia is over 16 million. Through our online databases you can download Russia business credit reports instantly. This can be done prior to trading to make sure the company you will be dealing with can meet the commitment or once the debt becomes overdue to ensure the debtor can meet the amount owed.
Specialist Debt Recovery Experts
There are many unique requirements to recovering international debts in all countries including Russia debt collection services which differ from the UK debt collection agency services and therefore it is very important that cases are handled directly by our expert international debt collection agencies and not from debt collectors UK. This method of international debt collection sets Creditreform aside from the competition who in many cases try and recover debts from a UK debt collector only. Using the local offices and partners enables us to achieve a far greater success rate and our No Win No Fee service together with competitive commission rates against monies recovered only ensures you get the best service.